Summerset Job application 2020
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Group Training Program with Summerset Retirement Villages.
We are interested in passionate, experienced teachers who are willing to teach, learn and grow with our participants.
The classes are taught exclusively to Independent Residents (those who can look after themselves) so although the exercise level can vary, most are able to stand, move, reach, catch and throw a ball and balance to a certain standard.
Our program is called “CB FIT” and is an ACC LSFL (Live stronger for Longer) accredited program. The number one focus is to help resident be steadier in their feet, along with improving upper body strength, coordination and preserve their daily functions for as long as possible.
Class sizes range between 8-20 participants and you will be expected to work closely and engage with all of them during the session.
An example of some of the exercises we teach in the classes:
All training is provided via an online portal which takes approximately 2-3 hours to complete.
After you have completed the Portal, there are four different releases to learn. You are required to know at least one of them before starting the classes.
There are two one hour sessions per week at fixed times of: TBC but will be between 9:30am and 1pm on a weekday. We will work with the instructor and specific village to find times that work for both parties.
This is purely a contractor role where you are paid per class and are required to take responsibility to meet your own tax obligations.
- You will be required to have your own transport.
- A basic level of movement/coordination skill to teach choreographed tracks and throw, bounce and catch balls.
- You must be REPs (Registered Exercise Professional) registered.
- Working with elderly populations is a big plus.
- Teach a structured group exercise class with confidence.
- Fill out attendance sheets and class reports on a weekly basis.
If you wish to apply, you can email email@example.com with the following:
- Your CV
- A reference showcasing skills (instagram post, facebook etc).
- A personal reference from someone who can verify your skills as a trainer/teacher (i.e. Manager/client).
- Any video evidence teaching a group class (or proof of teaching i.e. Les Mills Body Pump instructor).
- A small bio about yourself and experience
- Proof of REPs registration (minimum Group Exercise choreographed)
The contracting role will pay between $55-$65 per session (sessions lengths are 1 hour long including set up and pack down) depending on experience and availability. This could potentially mean $90-$110 p/w.
We are hiring for Summerset Richmond (Nelson).
Role begins October/November 2020 and ends on the last week of December (with potential to continue long term 2021).
Applications close on the 15th October.
Once you have emailed your application, if you have not heard from Daniel in 72 hours message 0273281128.