CB FIT Teacher - Karaka
CB FIT Teacher - Whangarei
- A clear & effective communicator?
- Radiating youthful energy (regardless of age)?
- A natural connector?
- Passionate about working with Seniors?
- Want to work with amazing humans that will ultimately feel like your family?
Location and length
- Two 45 minute Group Exercise Classes per week
- Summerset Retirement Village Karaka, Franklin
- Address: 49 Pararekau Road, Karaka, Papakura
- Beginning Mid March 2022
- Full training is provided via an online educational platform
We are interested in passionate, experienced Exercise Teachers and Group Fitness instructors who are willing to teach, learn and grow with Summerset retirees.
Our program is called “CB FIT” and is an ACC LSFL (Live stronger for Longer) accredited program, that takes place twice per week for 50 minutes each.
The number one focus is to help residents be steadier on their feet, along with improving upper body strength, coordination and preserve their daily functions for as long as possible.
Class sizes range between 10-30 participants and you will have the opportunity to work closely and engage with each of them during the session.
The classes are taught exclusively to Independent Residents (those who can look after themselves). The exercise level can vary but most are able to stand, move, reach, catch and throw a ball and balance to a certain standard.
The current time slots available to teach two classes per week are:
- Wednesdays 9:30am and Fridays 9:30am. You will need to be available to teach both classes weekly.
- This is a contractor role where you are paid per class.
- Teach a Group Exercise class in a caring and professional manner with confidence. All training and education is provided by Cerebellum.
- Have a basic level of movement/coordination skill to teach basic movement patterns and throw, bounce and catch balls
- REPs registration is a plus
- Working with Senior populations is a big plus
- Be up to speed with using Digital Applicants (basic use for attendance keeping and Education)
- A current CV emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A youtube link with video evidence teaching a group class (or proof of teaching i.e. Zumba, Les Mills Body Pump instructor)
For more information, to apply or to register your interest, email email@example.com