CB FIT - Group exercise instructor role - New Plymouth
- A natural connector?
- Clear & effective communicator?
- Radiating youthful energy (regardless of age)?
- Organised with paperwork?
- Interested in working with our active elderly population?
We may have the role for you!
Location and length
- Summerset Retirement Villages Hurworth and Bell Block, New Plymouth.
- This role begins end of September 2021 and ends last week of December with high likelihood of continuing long term to 2022.
- Class times are yet to be confirmed but these classes generally run between 9:30am and 1pm during Weekdays
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Group Exercise Instructor in collaboration with Cerebellum and Summerset Retirement Villages.
We are interested in passionate, experienced teachers who are willing to teach, learn and grow with our participants.
The classes are taught exclusively to Independent Residents (those who can look after themselves) so although the exercise level can vary, most are able to stand, move, reach, catch and throw a ball and balance to a certain standard.
Our program is called “CB FIT” and is an ACC LSFL (Live stronger for Longer) accredited program. The number one focus is to help residents be steadier in their feet, along with improving upper body strength, coordination and preserve their daily functions for as long as possible.
Class sizes range between 10-30 participants and you will be expected to work closely and engage with all of them during the session as much as possible.
All training is provided via an online portal which takes approximately 2-3 hours to complete.
After you have completed the Portal, there are four different releases to learn. You are required to know at least one of them before starting the classes.
There are two one hour sessions per week at fixed times every week. Currently times are TBC but generally run between 9-12pm during weekdays.
This is purely a contractor role where you are paid per class and are required to take responsibility to meet your own tax obligations.
You will be required to
- Teach an elderly exercise class in a caring and professional manner with confidence
- Have a basic level of movement/coordination skill to teach choreographed tracks and throw, bounce and catch balls
- You must be REPs (Registered Exercise Professional) registered
- Working with elderly populations is a big plus
- Using Dropbox, fill out attendance sheets and class reports on a weekly basis
- Undertake quarterly testing with the residents and record all results using drop box
- Fulfill health and safety obligations such as equipment checks, hazard reports and sign in sheets
- Comply with NZ Governments Covid 19 guidelines and obligations
If you wish to apply, you can email us with the following:
- Your CV
- A reference showcasing skills (instagram post, facebook etc).
- A personal reference from someone who can verify your skills as a trainer/teacher (i.e. Manager/client).
- Any video evidence teaching a group class (or proof of teaching i.e. Les Mills Body Pump instructor).
This contracting role will pay $58+ GST per session.
For more information or to register you interest, email email@example.com
- Improving Humans