To make your lives and roles easier as an instructor, we will be introducing some new pieces of technology to house CB FITs resources, to improve communication and help support you in your teaching roles.
This will be rolled out slowly over the next few weeks and months to make sure that we don’t bombard you with all the changes straight away and we can make sure that everything works the way we want it to.
Our new channel of communication will be via Slack. This is a business centric app used for comms and general conversation. Once this is setup we will be shutting down our Facebook group chat.
Reason #1: Not everyone has Facebook any more (or never did!)
Reason #2: Privacy. There is too much sensitive information that might be discussed in which we know Facebook reads essentially everything we write, posts, messenger and all.
This will also save endless email threads.
Trainual will be used to hold all of the resources and information on how to teach a CB FIT class. For new instructors this will essentially be where they will learn about everything to do with CB FIT, for current instructors you’ll be required to go through a mini education refresh to continue to teach. Nothing huge it’s just to make sure we’re all on the same page which brings me to the next topic....
We trialled this last year and it showed promise therefore it is something we would like to grow. This involves getting your input on adding exercises and specific workouts to the CB FIT curriculum.
Any input will go through a fairly straight forward process (needs to be helpful for independent residents, progressive and safe etc) and we will also pay and credit you for any contribution made 💰
Part of being a CB FIT instructor is recording some small pieces of digital paperwork. All attendance number recording, exercise libraries, testing and equipment will be now kept in Microsoft Excel workbooks. You will be sent a personalised link for your own village soon.
This means that the Microsoft Excel online will know longer be used.
We want to make sure it’s easier for you to enter data. For this to happen you will need to have a Microsoft office subscription. If you do not have one we will pay for a one for you. All you need to do is let us know if you do not have Microsoft office (excel specifically) and we can sort you out.
The way to invoice and get paid is changing (slightly) As of February 2022 All CB FIT invoices will be paid on the 27th of each month.
In order to ensure your invoice is paid on time, you need to build your invoice in the following manner:
1. Your invoice must have an invoice number to it i.e. #112 or #145068 etc.
2. You will have your own unique PO (purchase order) number assigned to you. When you email your invoice, your PO must be written (without anything else) in the subject line of your email. The invoice number starts with CB, then your initials followed by your village's 3 letter abbreviation (i.e. Trentham = THM). If you teach at two villages, you will use the village that you first began at. For example: William Smith teaches at Summerset Retirement Trentham. This PO will then be shown as CBWSTHM
3. Your invoice must state who its from (you) and who it is to (Cerebellum Ltd) If you are GST registered, your GST number must be displayed.
4. Each class needs to be separately dated.
5. All invoices sent in PDF format.
6. Invoices must be sent by the 20th of the month
That is all you need to do to invoice + get paid!
So far if your reading this thinking “this is all waaay too hard and complicated” let me reassure you that a) This will all be easier than what you’ve been doing and b) We will help you with setting everything up 🧘🏼