27 Questions to Live Your Legend (Re-post)
There are some questions that never seem to leave us. "What would you gladly do for free?" "What would you do if you won the lottery?" "What annoys you most about the world and how would you fix it if you had the power?"
Some of these questions provide beautiful openings to trigger ideas and pathways to begin something new and helpful.
I came across this via a man named Scott Dinsmore, who sadly passed away (doing what he loved from the sounds) soon after he began his movement called "Live Your Legend".
I'm not the author of this below, merely the messenger. Take your time to carefully consider each question. My prescription recommendation is to re visit these every 1,2,3,5,7 and 10 years. I've published this without updating any of the more dated descriptions as they still have the same answer whether you're browsing a bookstore or the internet.
27 Questions to Find Your passion
- What makes you happiest in your life? What excites you?
- do you do that makes you feel invincible?
3. What do people thank you for?
4. What are you ridiculously good at? What are your precious gifts?
5. Who do you look up to? Who are your mentors? Who inspires you? Why?
6. When was the last time you massively over-delivered on something? What was it and why did you work so damn hard?
7. When was the last time you were in a state of flow, in the zone and totally lost track of time? What were you doing?
8. Imagine you won $158 million in the lottery. It’s now three months later. How will you spend tomorrow?
9. What would you do if you knew you could not fail?
10. If you could have or do anything, what would it be?
11. What topics do you find yourself continuously arguing or defending with others? What beliefs does your stance represent?
12. What makes you most angry about the state of the world? With unlimited resources how could you fix it?
13. What are you most afraid of for the next generation, whether you have kids or not?
14. What do you love helping people with? How do you most commonly help others?
15. What’s your favorite section in the bookstore? What’s the first magazine you’d pick up at the grocery store?
16. When was the last time you couldn’t sleep because you were so excited about what you had to work on? What was it?
17. If you trusted that your art (your creativity) would support your life, how would you live?
18. Out of all your current work roles, what would you gladly do for free?
19. If you were able to be a member of the audience at your own funeral (in 100 years or so) what would you want to hear people say?
20. What do you want to be remembered for - what dent do you want to have put in the world?
21. What do your friends always tell you you’d be good at, that you should do for a living (i.e. “he’d make a great...)? If you don’t remember, then go ask five of them.
22. What are you naturally curious about?
23. If you had a free hour to surf the internet, what would you explore?
24. Think back to when you were 5 or 10 years old. What did you want to be when you grew up?
Anything goes. What skills and metaphors do these represent (i.e. pilot may be a symbol for freedom)?
25. If you could write a book to help the world, that is guaranteed to be a best seller, what would the title be? What’s it about?
26. What careers do you find yourself dreaming of? What jobs do others have that you wish were yours?
27. What 3-5 dream jobs or businesses can you imagine that would firmly embody your core beliefs about the world? Sky’s the limit.
And a bonus...
28. What revolution do you want to lead?